I made this dessert for our Super Bowl party, but it would be a fantastic Valentines Dessert. It is so EASY! Even your kids can make it!
Let’s get started . . .
Toast coconut about 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
While the coconut is toasting, melt the 1/2 the chocolate chips with a small pat of butter. The butter keeps the chocolate from burning in the microwave.
If you want a harder chocolate, leave out the butter and be careful not to overheat the chocolate chips.
Place in freezer for 5 minutes. While it’s in the freezer melt the caramel.
Place in freezer for 5 minutes. This will harden the caramel and make it easier to spread the melted chocolate chips.
Melt the other half of chocolate chips while the caramel hardens in the freezer.
Place in freezer for 5 more minutes. Remove and cut into chunks.
My Samoa Bark was so yummy and a hit at our football party. If you have a microwave & freezer, you can make this delicious candy as your Valentine’s Day dessert.
Question: What Valentines desserts have you made in the past?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 small pats of butter
- 1 cup shortbread cookies (crumbled)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 package caramel bits (in bakery section)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk.
- Toast coconut for 5-10 minutes in 300 oven. Remove when golden brown
- Melt 1/2 of the chocolate chips with 1 small pat of butter. Microwave for 30 seconds on high. Stir. Repeat until chocolate chips have melted & are spreadable.
- Line baking pan with foil. (I used plastic wrap but foil would be much easier to hold in place as you spread chocolate).
- Spread melted chocolate in thin layer over foil. Sprinkle shortbread cookies and toasted coconut.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp milk to caramels. Melt caramels in microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Stir each time. If caramels are too stiff, add another Tbsp of milk.
- Spread caramel over topping. Return to freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt other half of chocolate chips with a small pat of butter as before. Spread over hardened caramel. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Cut into small chunks and serve.
If you like this post, please share on fb, twitter, pinterest, g+. If you don’t see those links, please click here
This webpage may have affiliate links. See policy for more details.