Merry Christmas to you!
We’ve had a relaxing day with our family. Gentry drove in from Houston on Sunday; Hunter moved back home for a couple of weeks; Jesse & Ashley came over for the day. They’re working on a Van Gogh puzzle right now…and it’s not very easy!
In years past, I’ve shared a Christmas carol that was meaningful that year.
- Have you ever considered the words of “O Come All Ye Faithful”? They contain parts of the Nicene Creed.
- “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” reminds us that Jesus is the Prince of Peace, giving us peace in a world of turmoil.
As we sang “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen”, I loved singing the Christmas story. What was most special to me was the conclusion. My response to Christ’s birth should be PRAISE.
This Christmas, I realized that I have not praised Christ for his humility, sacrifice and omnipotence as much as I should. I am praying that I will spend more time each day “praising” God, not going straight to my requests.
- Now to the Lord sing praises,
- All you within this place,
- And with true love and brotherhood
- Each other now embrace;
- This holy tide of Christmas
- All other doth deface:
And…the first verse summarizes the Christmas story! Read it with your kids.
- For Jesus Christ our Saviour
- Was born upon this day,
- To save us all from Satan’s power
- When we were gone astray:
- O tidings of comfort and joy,
- comfort and joy,
- O tidings of comfort and joy.
If you like this post, please share on fb, twitter, pinterest, g+. If you don’t see those links, please click here.
There may be affiliate links used in this post.