I’ve been inspired to try some new recipes, recently. I found a chicken taco recipe in Southern Living and decided to adapt it to Pecan Chicken Salad. I’m excited to add it to my low fat chicken recipes, as I’ve been trying to watch my weight.
Steve & I enjoyed this so much. It was tasty & yummy. If you’re family doesn’t like spicy foods, you can omit the chili powder & crushed red pepper.
One of the best bonuses of this low fat chicken recipe is it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare,after marinading the chicken.
What are you cooking for dinner tonight?
.Question: What are you cooking for dinner tonight? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1 green onion, chopped
- green lettuce, torn
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place chicken, 1 Tbsp soy sauce & crushed red pepper in a plastic container. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours, or even overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, discard marinade
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Mix 1 Tsp soy sauce with corn starch. Toss with chicken.
- Saute chicken in EVOO in stages. (about 6 minutes or until done)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, honey, 1 Tbsp EVOO, white wine vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice
- Toss honey mixture, chicken, and pecans.
- Make each salad by layering from bottom up: lettuce, chicken mixture, green onions, parmesan cheese
- Serves 4
Omit crushed red pepper & chili pepper if your family does not like spicy foods. It will still be yummy!
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links.
This webpage may have affiliate links. See policy for more details.