What is this resource?
Timeline of Classics: Historical Context for the Good and Great Books reveals a panoramic view of world history. Chronologically indexed, these selected writings, biographies, plays, recordings, and films portray a history of mankind.
Please note that while great care was taken in choosing the best of the best, parents and teachers should always preview or listen in advance to resources, especially video and audio materials. Created in a simple spreadsheet format, the columns of this resource present
- Description/time period
- Title of resource
- Approximate age/ability level
The timeline is divided into the following broad divisions of world history:
- The Middle Ages
- Renaissance and Reformation
- The Modern World
How is it useful?
One mom summed it up this way: “You could actually organize all of your history and literature studies from elementary through high school using Timeline of Classics as your single guide.” Browse through the time period you are planning to study and highlight resources of interest.
The book list is completely flexible and offers mere suggestions for age/ability levels to include: Elementary (E), Middle (M), and High School (H). By adding the date when a resource has been completed, students will have compiled a complete literature list, which can be recorded on a high school transcript.
To whom is it useful?
Any student or teacher of history and literature can use this portable timeline. For those of us who think chronologically, Timeline of Classics provides point of reference for people, places, and events. This versatile reference guide can be used with any teaching style or curriculum. Save hours and hours of planning time and research … it’s already been done for you!
- This chronological index of classic literature reveals a panoramic view of world history
- Also cataloging biographies, plays, and films, this “portable timeline” provides points of references for students and teachers of history and literature.
- Divided into four sections (Ancients, The Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation, and The Modern World), this guide
supplements many curricula or teaching styles and is useful for early elementary through college level students.
- Arranged in an easy-to-read spreadsheet format, columns detail time period/setting, title, author, and suggestions for approximate age/ability level.
- Mature students are encouraged to mark their own copies for the purposes of selecting good and great books and for assembling a reading list for high school transcripts.
- Families may easily track their study of history and literature in one central location.
Compiled in a home with multiple children of differing ages and ability levels, Timeline of Classics was created to save planning time and research. Classically homeschooling families using a literature-based approach for learning history have proven the worth of this unique reference guide.
“Timeline of Classics”
YES! I want to discover how to teach writing in a fun & easy way, using IEW’s Timeline of Classics for $29 with free shipping.
I UNDERSTAND…I will receive:
- Timeline of Classics
- FREE Shipping!
I UNDERSTAND… that Timeline of Classics comes with a 100% money back guarantee. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.