With Valentines Day around the corner, I thought you might like some cheap & fun valentines day ideas for kids.
2. Cut heart shape from a sponge & sprinkle wheat germ seeds on top. keep the sponge wet so your kids will have a growing heart. They can even give their hearts a “hair cut”!
3. Bake & decorate cookies or cupcakes. Add red hots, sprinkles or conversation hearts to the top.
To make a Thumbprint Valentine Bookmark, like Betty’s, print several of these red thumbprints in a column. Cut your column with fun scissors and mount on red paper. Cut hole at the top & add ribbon to make a bookmark.
Add facial features and right “Thumb Body Loves You!”
Kierste has great directions to make a more intricate Valentine. Just click the image below to see more.
5. Play Cupid Chase with blindfolds on all kids but one. He’ll be Cupid. Tye small bell to Cupid’s shoe strings or on a necklace. Cupid runs around while blindfolded kids try to catch him by listening for the bell. When Cupid is caught, the catcher becomes Cupid!
What else could you do as a family to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
I’ve compiled 83 Family Valentines Day Ideas (value $10) into a printable…just for you … and they’re free through February 17. You’ll receive:
- Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day as a Family
- History of Valentine’s Day
- Fun Valentine’s Ideas
- Long Distance Valentine Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Cards
- Valentine’s Day Games & Crafts
- Valentine’s Day Around the World
All you have to do is enter your name and email below. We will send all 83 Valentine’s Day ideas to your inbox.
Happy Valentines Day
Question: What fun or cheap valentine day activities will your family do? You can leave a comment by clicking here.