In our SHIP El Salvador Bible school last week, I discovered that the pretzel is the symbol of prayer. So, we used pretzels as a snack in our Palm Sunday lesson with the kids. In our Palm Sunday lesson, we talked about ways to worship God, which includes prayer.
These pretzels are super-easy to make. I hope your kids enjoy this easy soft pretzel recipe. It’s so easy, even they can make it!
These pretzels were made from crescent rolls (pop out of the can). Unroll the dough into a sheet of dough. Cut the sheet into 1/2 – 1″ strips. You can let your kids roll these strips into logs to make their pretzels.
Then, twist the log into a pretzel shape. Next, brush melted butter on top of each pretzel and sprinkle with salt.
What’s your favorite snack to make with your kids?
We made these as part of our Easter & Palm Sunday Bible lessons in El Salvador.
While my kids were growing up, we read specific Scripture during Passion Week. If you’d like our list of Easter Bible verses to read each day from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday, just enter your email below. We’ll send it automatically to you.
.Question: What easy snacks do you make with your kids? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1-3 Tbsp sea salt
- Unroll the dough into a sheet of dough. Cut the sheet into 1" strips (12" long)
- You can let your kids roll these strips into logs to make their pretzels.
- Twist the log into a pretzel shape. Place on greased cooke sheet.
- Brush melted butter on top of each pretzel and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 375, about 8-10 minutes until golden brown
This webpage may have affiliate links. See policy for more details.