Last week I shared our VBS snack for teaching diligence. Our Bible story was about Ruth, who diligently gathered wheat sheaves to provide for her & Naomi.
So, I decided to make cinnamon rolls to remind the kids of the wheat Naomi diligently gathered.
Here’s the yummy recipe – Best Cinnamon Roll Recipe from scratch .
Roll into log. Slice about 3/4 – 1″ thick, depending on your preference. Place in greased pan.
Bake 375 – 400 about 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden.
Combine powdered sugar & water for icing. Drizzle all over rolls. I was making enough for VBS, so I placed the cinnamon rolls on a tray before drizzling. When I make them for my family, I drizzle them in the baking dish and serve from that dish. The icing melts all over the cinnamon rolls.
Question: What’s your favorite roll or cinnamon roll recipe? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
- Angel Biscuit Dough
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup sugar + 3 Tbsp cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, if desired
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven 375
- Sprinkle flour over working surface
- Roll out angel biscuit dough to 1/8" thickness, rectangular shape
- Spread melted butter all over dough
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar. Use more if necessary
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Roll into log
- Cut into rolls, about 3/4 - 1" thick
- Place in greased or sprayed baking dish
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes
- Mix powdered sugar with water for icing. Icing should pour easily out of spoon, but not be too runny
- Drizzle icing all over cinnamon rolls after you pull them from oven
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links.
This webpage may have affiliate links. See policy for more details.