It’s that time of year again … time for our 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge to get ready for the holidays and focus on gratitude with our family. I don’t know about you, but a thankful attitude can completely change my perspective, especially during trials.
I can’t wait to introduce you to some incredible bloggers that will offer helps & resources to grow gratitude and thanksgiving in your family.
What’s the 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge?
Before I share the challenge, let’s back up to the reason we focus on gratitude.
I remember a time that I felt like my life was falling apart. Everything was going wrong . . . or so I thought. I knew I had to get control of those audio reels in my head; the ones from the enemy.
So, I grabbed a piece of paper and sat down at the kitchen table. I started writing anything and every thing I could thank God for. Consider these verses to teach your kids that God wants them to have a spirit of gratitude. Before you know it, I was writing down who God is to me, His steadfast character qualities. In less than 5 minutes, my attitude changed from self-pity to thanking God for so many things.
Along those lines of changing attitude, check out these verses of what God calls us to do.
just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.Colossians 2:6-7
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.Colossians 3:12-15
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:6-7
Before you start the 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge as a family or individually, choose a Bible verse to memorize during the month of November. Practice it each day at a meal. Tie your new memorization habit to a habit you already do, such as eating a meal.
God’s Word tells us we should have a spirit of thankfulness. Thus, it is God’s will for us to show gratitude and teach our kids things to be thankful.
Show your kids that focusing on giving thanks, moves their “entitled-me” attitude from themselves to God. Taking our 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge is a daily reminder to give God thanks and focus on Jesus.
As I researched gratitude, I discovered many other benefits for all of us to be thankful. Which one of these would help you right now? Leave a comment below.
- Increased optimism
- More & better quality of sleep
- Improved relationships
- Sense of connectedness
- Positive emotions
- Increased sense of well-being
- Cope better with stress and major adversities
Do you agree?
You’re either born as a thankful person or you’re not.
I don’t agree!
As I’ve shared in in many of our live trainings, you can train your brain to think differently. Each of these videos share ideas to help you quit worrying and find things to be thankful for.
You need to pay attention to start being more thankful. Use our 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge to help your kids pay attention and be thankful every day.
When my life fell apart four years ago, I didn’t want to fall into constant negativity. So, I focused on the positive and continued writing at least 3 things a day in my gratitude journal.
Some days were harder than others. That’s why I created the Gratitude Challenge. It’s an way to ease into thankfulness every day.
Just last week, I was driving home and hit a green light at every signal light. That’s a miracle in itself. After two or three green lights, I thanked God for each green light. My brain had changed to pay attention to good things, even small things.
How Can You Use the 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge with Your Children?
Don’t start with a bunch of research; start with one of the Bible verses above.
- Discuss the verse with your children
- Have each child copy the verse to an index card
- Start memorizing that verse as a family
- Recite the verse each morning at breakfast.
Finally, let your kids take the 30 days of gratitude challenge. Why 30 days? Scientists say it takes 30 days to form a new habit. So, let’s give thanks for 30 days and begin the habit of thankfulness in your family.
To help you out, I’ve created a simple 30 Day Gratitude Challenge Printable. Each person in your family should have their own printable. At dinner time or bedtime, let your kids write what they are thankful for that day. There is enough space on the printable to let your kids write what they are thankful for that day.
Younger kids can use the printable with prompts for each day. Even preschoolers can take on the challenge with the thank you prompts on the printable. Actually, I’m sending a copy to my daughter who has a 3-year old. The prompts are a simple way to stay focused on thankfulness all of November.
For, older kids and parents, I suggest writing at least 3 things you are thankful for each day. Once you sign up, you’ll receive an email with specific ideas for older kids.
Be sure to check back here (or sign up for our email updatesat the top of this post) throughout November for lots of great ideas to help you teach gratitude to your kids. For now, take the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge and get your free printables below.
Some days we will offer free resources … all centered on giving thanks in your family or to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. If you want to know when we have free resources, be sure to sign upabove. It will be included in the daily email.
As a way to get started, we have an awesome Grand Prize Giveaway. Enter to win here:
Days of Thanks Grand Prize Giveaway
I’ve rounded up a wonderful prize for one of my lucky readers. During the entire month, you can enter to win our Giving Thanks Grand Prize Giveaway.
Special Needs Homeschooling, Vibrant Home Life, WriteBonnieRose, The Art Kit, Homeschooling Teens Successfully, Sly Spoon, Mom’s Mustard Seeds, How to Homeschool My Child have all donated prizes to be included in our grand prize. Take a look at what’s included (and we may add more later in the month).
What’s included in our Giving Thanks Grand Prize?
- Rebooting Family ($24.99) Take this 30 day challenge to reboot your family and remind all of them why your family is great.
- Gratitude Journal Planner ($25.00) Our 30-Day Gratitude Guided Journal Challenge help you to embark on a journey of gratitude, self-discovery, and positivity. This transformative challenge is designed to help you cultivate an attitude of thankfulness, find joy in everyday moments, and enhance your overall well-being.
- Modern History Notebooks by the Decade ($41.88) Winner’s Choice of either American History or World History set- designed to help high school students learn more about modern history and think critically about what they learn. Students are challenged to learn not only what happened but why it happened and what impact it had on future events. The notebooks can stand alone, be used to form the core of a modern history curriculum, or be used alongside another curriculum to provide opportunities to explore topics in-depth and add topics to the course of study.
- Celebratory Banner Pack ($27.50) Celebrate the seasons and holidays with The Art Kit’s printable banner pack! 15 different banners are included!
- Mermaid For A Day ($10.00) What do mermaids do all day? They play, of course! Join a game of seaweed hide-and-seek, blow giant bubbles,explore sunken ships, and build seashell puzzles in this underwater adventure.
- Dinosaur For A Day ($10.00) Get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure as a helpful young boy magically transforms into a long necked dinosaur for a day. With beautiful illustrations and playful rhymes, this delightful tale transports children aged 2-8 into a prehistoric world filled with friendly dinosaurs who are ready for fun!
- Mermaid Printable Worksheets ($3.00) Mermaid Themed A-Z Alphabet Worksheets, Printable Upper & lowercase, ABC kindergarten Writing Practice, Preschool Letter Tracing, Homeschool
- Dinosaur Printable Worksheets ($3.00) Dinosaur Themed A-Z Alphabet Worksheets, Printable Upper & lowercase, ABC kindergarten Writing Practice, Preschool Letter Tracing, Homeschool
- Give Thanks: Copywork for All Ages ($10) Help your kids change their “me” attitude and become others-focused through these thankful copywork exercises
- Give Thanks: A Mother’s Prayer Journal ($10) Focus on being thankful as you read & pray through God’s Word and you’ll see a difference in your perspective on life
- Christmas Celebrations: Celebrate Advent, Christmas, Epiphany ($14.97) Have fun and keep Christ the center of your holiday celebrations, from the beginning of Advent, through Christmas and concluding with Epiphany in January.
- Copywork for Advent & Christmas ($10.00) Print and go. Let your kids use these selections for copywork and you can discuss them at meal time.
Grand Prize Giveaway TOTAL Value $205.31
Now, it’s time to enter to win all of these fantastic prizes in the form below. Let’s say thank you to our sponsors for making this $200+ Giveaway possible by using all the entry options available.
How can you say thank you?
Take a few moments and enter the giveaway with all the options on the form below.
I know there are lots of entries, but our sponsors spent their time and money to make this giveaway possible for you. So, take the time to enter each option listed. Besides, you’ll have a better chance of winning when you use all the entry options.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you to each of our sponsors, for making the 2023 Day of Thanks series & 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge available to you at no cost at all.