A few days ago I posted some fun Valentines Day ideas for kids. I want to continue that post with a few more ideas you can use this year.
1. Fill their shoes with a sweet treat. When it’s time to put on shoes, they’ll be thrilled to find Hershey’s Kisses with an “I love you form head to toe” note or small toy like Hot Wheels. Then read or listen to I Love You from Head to Toe
2. Decorate toddler’s room with hearts while child is sleeping. When he wakes up, there will be a room full of love waiting.
3. Make Valentine collage. Cut out different size, shapes & colored hearts from construction paper. Glue on cardstock and make card for grandparents.
4. Bake heart shaped cookies. Use this as a math lesson in your homeschool. While measuring & mixing, tell your child the things you love & appreciate about them.
5. Make book of things your toddler loves. Have child look through magazines to find & cut out pictures of what he/she likes (cars, animals, foods) Glue into “Things I Love” book.
6. Enjoy a Valentine dinner of red foods. Pasta with red sauce or pizza. Drink cranberry juice & have strawberries & red jello for dessert.
7. Create Love Treasure Hunt with prize at the end. Use simple rhymes like “Roses are red, violets are blue, go to the kitchen, where there’s something for you.”
8. Make shapes of candy hearts. Don’t want your toddler eating all those surgary candy hearts? Glue them to paper to form hearts, circles, squares, whatever shape you want.
9. Give child a coupon book. Include coupons like “Watch your favorite video”, “have a friend over for popcorn party”, “Go out for ice cream” or “Trip to zoo”
10. Make trail of hearts to treat. Put hearts on floor leading from bedroom to surprise like small toy or Rice Krispy treat.
What else could you do as a family to celebrate Valentine’s Day?
I’ve compiled 83 Family Valentines Day Ideas (value $10) into a printable…just for you … and they’re free through February 17. You’ll receive:
- Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day as a Family
- History of Valentine’s Day
- Fun Valentine’s Ideas
- Long Distance Valentine Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Cards
- Valentine’s Day Games & Crafts
- Valentine’s Day Around the World
All you have to do is enter your name and email below. We will send all 83 Valentine’s Day ideas to your inbox.
Question: What are some fun Valentines Day ideas you’ll enjoy with your family? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
There may be affiliate links used in this post.