It’s taken me awhile to share more fun Bible activities for kids from our SHIP trip in El Salvador. Our next day of VBS was about Joseph and included a Joseph coat of many colors craft & snack. The kids loved it.
Joseph Coat of Many Colors Bible Story
Using Genesis 37, our missionary team acted out the story of Joseph receiving a beautiful coat of many colors from his dad, Jacob.
What a great opportunity to teach the following truths by using questions. After the Bible story, we played a review game. I love using questions because it encourages your kids to think for themselves. Too often, moms want to tell answers, instead of asking questions. Try these questions:
- Which son did Jacob love the most? (Joseph)
- What special gift did Jacob give Joseph (A coat with many colors)
- What happened to Joseph? (He was sold as a slave)
- What did the brothers tell Joseph’s father? (Jacob was dead)
- Who is in control of everything? (God)
- What should you remember when you are afraid or bad things happen? (God is in control)
- What surprises God? (Nothing)
- What must you do to be saved? (Believe on Jesus as your Savior)
Joseph Coat of Many Colors Craft
Joseph Coat of Many Colors Snack
I love this snack and it is so easy to make. All you need are the following ingredients and some time to make them. We made them ahead of time, but you could make this the Joseph Coat of Many Colors craft if you have a small group or a lot of time.
Supplies for Joseph Coat of Many Colors Snack:
Also, here are some other FREE Bible Lessons for Kids about diligence, contentment & patience.
Question: What fun Bible activities for kids have you or your kids done? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
This post contains affiliate links.