If you’re looking for U.S. History Based Writing Lessons to use with Classical Conversations in 2017, you’ve found it!
Or, if you’re looking for a way to integrate history & writing, check this out
And you’ll get FREE shipping.
Video below gives overall information but the actual book has been updated!
“Are You Studying United States History This Year?”
“Are You Doing Classical Conversations & Need Your IEW Writing Lessons?”
Are you unsure how to teach your student history in an engaging way?
Do you struggle to help your child enjoy writing?
WHAT I FOUND:
Use U.S. History Based Writing Lessons Student/Teacher Combo to save yourself time and help your child enjoy writing.
Lori Verstegan has done it again. She provides 34 writing lessons for moms & teachers who are studying or teaching United States history.
Most lessons begin with activities to teach a stylistic technique or writing structure. These vary from strong verbs to show emotions to topic sentences/clinchers to similes. An overview of the lesson is provided, as well as a step-by-step (EASY TO FOLLOW) lesson plan.
WHY I LIKE US History-Based Writing Lessons:
U.S. History Based Writing Lessons, Volume 1 are just another excellent supplement to Teaching Writing: Structure & Style. Lori provides 2-6 lessons for each of TWSS (IEW’s Teaching Writing) units thus covering stories, reports, formal essays, critiques and creative writing. Checklists are provided for both the teacher & student.
Glad you asked because Lori has thought of everything. In her easy-to-follow lessons, she separates her instructions for elementary (5th-8th grade) to junior high to high school. To help teach different ages of students, different checklists & assignments are given.
9 Reasons Why I Like US History Based Writing Lessons:
- Explorers to 20th Century History – integrated into Writing Lessons
- Stylistic Techniques Your Child Will Learn With US History Writing Lessons -Quality Adjectives, Strong Verbs with Emotions, Adverbs (-ly words), Action Verbs, Dialogue (Punctuating), Showing Emotions, Appealing to Five Senses, Sentence Openers, Who/Which Clauses, Dramatic Openers, More Sentence Openers (because, clausal), Alliteration, 3 Simple, Short Sentences, Simile, Adverb Clause, Critique Vocabulary, Thesis Statement
- Samples & Examples – There are samples of other children’s work, as well as examples of the concept Lori is teaching for that lesson.
- Vocabulary Cards – Students will be instructed to cut out one set of cards each lesson. They will be expected to include some vocabulary words in each composition they write. The student will also be quizzed (include in teacher’s manual) over the words periodically. The goal is that these words will become part of each student’s natural writing vocabulary.
- Spend Time on HOW to Write – Most writing programs spend most of their time brainstorming topics (what to write about) & precious little time on how to write well. IEW does just the opposite. This IEW program will teach your children HOW to write well. Best writing I’ve used or seen since 1999.
- Stylistic Charts & Helps – I love these charts because you can use them when your student needs help brainstorming new quality adjectives or strong verbs.
- Stories Written in Your Book – The stories are right here in the book for you. You do NOT have to spend time searching for each story and/or making it appropriate for the age of your child.
- Student Resource Notebook Printable – Yep, that’s right. You can print out a student resource notebook for each child in your immediate family. You don’t have to order separate notebooks, just print & insert into binder. You & your child are ready!
- Games for Review/Fun Ideas for Your Students
- FREE Shipping – Did I mention we offer FREE shipping on all IEW products? That’s right! You do NOT pay shipping. It’s on us.
100% Money Back Guarantee…for Life. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
MY SUGGESTION TO YOU:
You can search all over the internet, but I’ve already done the work for you. You don’t have anything to lose with our money-back guarantee. Grab your copy of U.S. History Based Writing Lessons below. You’ll be glad you did.
“U.S. HISTORY-BASED WRITING LESSONS”
YES! I want to teach my student history while teaching them to write well, using IEW’s U.S. History Based Writing Lessons for $49 with free shipping.
(If you need an extra student workbook, please put a note in the “Special Instruction” box after filling in your billing & shipping address. Extra student workbooks are just $29 each.)
I UNDERSTAND…I will receive:
- U.S. History Based Writing Lessons Student Book
- U.S. History Based Writing Lessons Teacher Manual
- Free “Substitute Source Texts and Checklists” Ebook Supplement Included!
- Student Resource Notebook (ebook)
- “How to Teach Writing” Mini-Course (digital)”
- FREE Shipping!
I UNDERSTAND… that U.S. History Based Writing Lessons comes with a 100% money back guarantee. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
This post contains affiliate links.