NOTE: This is for updated 2015 Teaching Writing course
(with 1 year premium membership)
“FREE Shipping on All IEW Products!”
“Discover How To Spend More Time
On ‘How’ to Write
Instead of ‘What’ to Write About!”
Are you afraid to teach writing?
Are you unsure where to start in teaching your kids how to write well?
Too many writing programs out there?
WHAT I FOUND
Students do not like to write…WHY?
They do not know WHAT to write about. Institute for Excellence in Writing doesn’t expect students to figure out what to write about. Instead, they teach students how to improve their writing skills. Too many writing programs spend precious time brainstorming writing topics instead of teaching HOW to write.
When you use Excellence in Writing, you will spend time teaching your students HOW TO WRITE, instead of so much time on what to write about. Read the review below. Teaching Writing: Structure & Style includes a workbook that provides notes, charts, checklists and other material to teach all 9 writing units.
On the DVDs, you will watch Andrew Pudewa (founder of IEW Writing ) as he shares with moms and teachers how to teach each of the nine units and all of the stylistic techniques. There is also an extra DVD with “Tips & Tricks” to help make you a better writing teacher.
Wondering what a stylistic technique is?
It’s a fancy word for teaching your students how to write well & improve your kids’ writing.
If you’ve never used IEW before, this is the right place to start. Teaching Writing: Structure & Style is the foundation for all of IEW Writing guides. The other guides assume you understand the structure outlines for writing and the stylistic techniques explained in these 9 writing units:
- Units 1-2 Notemaking, Summarizing, Stylistic Technique-Dress Up
- Unit 3-Narratives, Stylistic Technique-Sentence Opener
- Unit 4-Reports from Single Source, Stylistic Technique-Advanced Dress-Ups, Decorations, Triples
- Unit 5-Writing from Pictures
- Unit 6-Reports from Multiple Sources
- Unit 7-Creative Writing with Structure
- Unit 8-Essays: Basic, Extended, Super
- Unit 9-Critiques, Conclusions
Robin is a homeschool mom and has this to say about IEW:
- Before IEW: Tears (theirs and mine), rebellion, fights, feelings and words of inadequacy.
- After IEW: Smiles (even grins at times), cooperation, peace, feelings of accomplishment and even boastings “of my latest paper.”
In addition to the DVDs that teach the 9 units listed above, you will also receive 3 student workshops and a 1 “Tips & Tricks” DVD. Andrew Pudewa teaches units 1 & 2 to a group of students.
The 3 student workshops are given at 3 different age levels (elementary, intermediate & secondary) Choose the dvd for your own kids’ ages.
PERFECT ADDITION for homeschools or classical teachers. Workbook & 10 dvds
WHY I LIKE Teaching Writing Structure & Style:
I have personally used this writing program over 10 years and have seen improvement in my own children’s writing. It is one of MY FAVORITES!
6 Reasons Why I Like Teaching Writing Structure & Style from IEW Writing:
- Spend Time on HOW to Write – Most writing programs spend most of their time brainstorming topics (what to write about) & precious little time on how to write well. IEW does just the opposite. This IEW program will teach your children HOW to write well. Best writing I’ve used or seen since 1999.
- Teaches A Variety of Writing Style & Structures – Your child will learn how to write simple paragraphs, stories, from a single references or multiple references, poetry, and more.
- EASY to Teach Writing – This DVD series teaches you how to teach writing. Yes, you have student helps, but you learn what it takes to be a fantastic writing teacher.
- Use with 2nd-10th graders – Never buy another writing curriculum. You can use the concepts in this book for almost 10 years. Each year you will teach your children or students new stylistic techniques to continually improve their writing.
- Stylistic Charts & Helps – I love these charts because you can use them when your student needs help brainstorming new quality adjectives or strong verbs.
- FREE Shipping – Did I mention we offer FREE shipping on all IEW products? That’s right! You do NOT pay shipping. It’s on us.
100% Money Back Guarantee…for Life. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
MY SUGGESTION TO YOU:
You can search all over the internet, but I’ve already done the work for you. You don’t have anything to lose with our money-back guarantee. Grab your copy of Teaching Writing below. You’ll be glad you did.
“TEACHING WRITING STRUCTURE & STYLE”
- Teaching Writing Seminar on 9 DVDs
- Teaching Writing Notebook
- 3 Student Writing Workshop DVDs (A, B, C)
- Teaching Writing “Tips & Tricks” DVD
- FREE Shipping!
I UNDERSTAND… that Teaching Writing Structure & Style comes with a 100% money back guarantee. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
I already have the TWSS workbook and only need the DVDs
I already have the TWSS DVDs and only need the workbook. I realize that the course is not complete by using only the workbook.