“FREE Shipping on All IEW Products!”
The video says there is 1 book, but Medieval History Based Writing Lessons has been updated to 2 books.
“Discover How To Use Medieval History to
Help Your Child Enjoy Writing!”
Are you studying medieval history this year?
Is it a hassle to create writing lessons integrated with your history studies?
Are you trying to teach writing to several kids?
WHAT I FOUND:
Lori Verstegan has done it again with Medieval History Based Writing Lessons . She provides 29 writing lessons for moms & teachers who are studying or teaching medieval history. One of the coolest things about Lori’s writing lessons is it goes chronologically through the program. In other words, it begins with Augustine & Mohammed, runs through Charlemagne, Vikings, Knights, King Arthur, Marco Polo and ends with the Renaissance/Reformation.
As you move through medieval history (chronologically), you’ll also move through all 9 units of Teaching Writing: Structure and Style thus becoming another excellent supplement to Andrew Pudewa’s Teaching Writing excellent program. Lori provides 1-4 lessons for each of IEW’s Teaching Writing units thus covering stories, reports, formal essays, critiques and creative writing. Checklists are provided for both the teacher & student.
To be more specific, your students will learn how to summarize references, write research reports, write formal essays, write from pictures, write stories with a plot, write critiques of a reading, write creatively with a thesis and write a super-essay.
Whoa…that’s a lot to cover in one manual and Lori does an excellent job.
Each lesson begins with a specific objective, along with a clear assignment for your student to complete. Most lessons include activities to teach a stylistic technique or writing structure. These vary from strong verbs to show emotions to topic sentences/clinchers to similes. An overview of the lesson is provided, as well as a step-by-step (EASY TO FOLLOW) lesson plan.
As homeschool moms, you often have to prepare lessons for a variety of ages. That’s what is so great about Medieval History Based Writing Lessons. You can use one manual for all your kids between 3rd & 8th grades. Lori has thought of everything. In her easy-to-follow lessons, she separates her instructions for elementary (3rd-5th grades) from junior high (6th-8th grades). To help teach different ages of students, different checklists & assignments are given. This includes both the Student Book as well as the Teacher’s Manual.
I almost forgot, she also includes all the answers in in each lesson. Not all manuals give you answers, but Lori’s does.
9 Reasons Why I Like Medieval History Based Writing Lessons:
- Student Book – includes assignments, blank outlines, source texts, checklists, vocabulary cards and grammar helps are provided for two levels of students, elementary and junior high.
- Teacher’s Manual – includes teaching and reviewing tips, sample whiteboards, games, quizzes and answer keys.
- Games for Review – Effective way to review the concepts you are teaching, especially with vocabulary words. Ways to adapt to one student are included in this section – yea for homeschoolers!
- Stylistic Technique Charts & Helps – You should refer to these charts when your kids need to add quality adjectives, strong verbs or adverbs. They do not have to think of these words on their own because long lists are given for them to choose from.
- Vocabulary Cards & Quizzes – 64 vocabulary words/pictures are included so your kids can start using these words in their own writings. What better way to increase your vocabulary than to actually use your new vocabulary words. Also included are some vocab quizzes & final test.
- A Year At A Glance – Quick Reference chart showing the type of writing covered in each lesson, stylistic technique for each lesson, vocabulary words for each lesson & medieval topic covered in each lesson.
- Spend Time on HOW to Write – Most writing programs spend most of their time brainstorming topics (what to write about) & precious little time on how to write well. IEW does just the opposite. This IEW program will teach your children HOW to write well. Best writing I’ve used or seen since 1999.
- Student Resource Notebook Printable – Yep, that’s right. You can print out a student resource notebook for each child in your immediate family. You don’t have to order separate notebooks, just print & insert into binder. You & your child are ready!
*** If you would like us to print & bind your Student Resource Notebook, you can get it here (with free shipping)
- FREE Shipping – Did I mention we offer FREE shipping on all IEW products? That’s right! You do NOT pay shipping. It’s on us.
100% Money Back Guarantee…for Life. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
MY SUGGESTION TO YOU:
As usual, this is a no-brainer. If you want to save yourself some time and you are studying medieval history with kids between the ages of 8 and 15, you should integrate Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons into your course of study.
Lori has done all the hard work for you and given you easy-to-follow steps to teach each & every lesson.Don’t wait any longer, click below and reserve your copy of the Student and Teacher books today for a mere $49.
I highly recommend getting an individual student book for each child working on these lessons. Although you may make copies ONLY for your IMMEDIATE family, the student book is over 200 pages. That’s a lot of copies.
“MEDIEVAL HISTORY-BASED WRITING LESSONS“
YES! I want to save time and help my child enjoy writing, using IEW’s Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons (Revised Edition) for $49 with free shipping.
I UNDERSTAND…I will receive:
- Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons Student Book (Revised Edition)
- Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons Teacher Manual
- 64 Vocabulary Cards on card stock
- Games for Review
- Student Resource Notebook (ebook)
- FREE Shipping!
I UNDERSTAND… that Medieval History-Based Writing Lessons comes with a 100% money back guarantee. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
This post may contain affiliate links.