“FREE Shipping on All IEW Products!”
“Easiest Spelling Program You Could Find”
Some kids are good spellers and some are not.
Some know how to spell words & some do not.
How do you help the ones that are “not” naturally good spellers?
And the biggest problem can be buying curriculum year after year is expensive.
WHAT I FOUND:
Institute for Excellence in Writing Phonetic Zoo Spelling is a program that will last several years. Invest in this IEW program once and you can use it for every child. Each level will take 3 or more years to complete. That’s a great investment and will help your kids learn how to spell words with spelling practice.
You will get the audio cds and the flashcards with each level (a,b,c) listed, as well as the jingle for that lesson. There are also small zoo cards for each lesson. This is an image that summarizes the spelling rule for that lesson.
How does Phonetic Zoo work?
- Lesson 1 has a specific spelling rule; the same rule is studied at each level A, B, C. So, you repeat the spelling rules in each level.
- 47 lessons at each level so each level may take up to 3 years to complete.
- Your child will take daily tests for each lesson by listening to the CD.
- On the CD your child will hear the phonetic spelling rule – as a jingle to memorize.
- In order to move to the next lesson, he must make 100% twice. This means the student must actually know how to spell the words correctly, not just guess & move on.
- At the end of each level (47 lessons), your child takes a Final Exam.
You also receive a list of 240 of the most commonly misspelled words. What a great resource for you & your students.
Every 5 lessons is a Personal Spelling lesson. You receive a large card with lines on it. When your student misspells words, they should list them on the next Personal Spelling card. When you get to that lesson, they must learn how to spell all the words they have recently misspelled.
WHY I LIKE Phonetic Zoo Spelling:
I used to think that good readers were good spellers. That is, until my middle daughter came along. She is a voracious reader, but a so-so speller. I couldn’t figure out what to do to help her spell well, until I found Phonetic Zoo which made her practice the rules utnil mastery.
6 Reasons Why I Like Phonetic Zoo Spelling:
- Students Must Make 100% TWICE – To move to the next lesson, a student must make a 100 twice. I love this because a child can not guess & move on. He must really know how to spell the words correctly.
- Personal Spelling Lessons – When your child misspells a word in his or her writing, include it on the personal spelling card. Every 5 lessons, your child works on the words that trouble him or her.
- Personal Phonetic Zoo Cards – Each child receives their own Zoo Cards with pictures to remind them of the phonetic rule jingle.
- Everything You Need for Many Years
- Bonus Video Seminar– includes Spelling & The Brain video seminar (link to streaming video)
- FREE Shipping – Did I mention we offer FREE shipping on all IEW products? That’s right! You do NOT pay shipping. It’s on us.
100% Money Back Guarantee…for Life. You may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
MY SUGGESTION TO YOU:
Spending $99 on a spelling program may seem like a huge investment, but I would encourage you to take a step back and think about what you are getting. If you buy Level A (or B or C), it will last for at least 3 years. You will also use it for all your kids.
If you bought a spelling workbook for each child, for each year, you will spend more than $99. (3 kids x 3 years x $15 workbook = $135 over the 3 year period) To me, that’s a huge savings.
When you buy a second level, you only need to buy the CDs and personal spelling cards. You can save $20 on the second level.
“Phonetic Zoo Spelling“
- 5 audio CDs (Level C has 6 CDs)
- Lesson Cards with all three levels of spelling words and jingles
- Personal Spelling Cards to keep track of your student’s typical misspellings
- Zoo Cards, which serve as a way to practice jingles or as rewards
- BONUS VIDEO SEMINAR: Spelling and the Brain workshop with the following:
– Spelling and the Brain video seminar (link to streaming video)
– The Phonetic Zoo teacher’s notes (spiral bound)
- FREE shipping!
I UNDERSTAND… that Phonetic Zoo Spelling comes with a 100% money back guarantee. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
This post may contain affiliate links.