Bible Heroes: Writing Lessons in Structure and Style is a foundational IEW theme-based book designed for students in first and second grades (Level P) but easily adaptable for students through fifth grade (Level A).
This Student Book is filled with true stories of great men and women of the Bible. They are people we can admire because they showed traits such as goodness, faith, courage, love, humility, and thankfulness. They inspire us. They are “Bible Heroes.”
In these lessons, you will learn how to write with structure and with style. You will write exciting stories, reports, and creative essays. You will also enjoy a variety of activities and games that will help you write with style. You will be surprised at how much fun you can have writing!
The Teacher’s Manual includes more detailed instructions for each lesson. In it you will find a scope and sequence chart, ideas for discussing each hero and virtue, answers to review questions, sample key word outlines and brainstorming pages, instructions for the games and activities, copies of the checklists, and copies of the games boards. You will receive a free, digital copy of the Teacher Manual.
This Student Book contains all the pages students will need in order to complete each assignment. Each lesson begins with instructions that the teacher or parent should read to the student. Lessons pages also contain gray boxes with notes to teachers, but more detailed instructions are contained in the Teacher’s Manual (TM)
- 27 lessons introduce the models of structure (Units 1-7) and elements of style (dress-ups) at a simple, slow pace
- Lessons focus on great men and women of the Bible who exhibit godly virtues, which students can aspire to practice in their own lives.
- Fun vocabulary cards help expand each student’s vocabulary.
- Pre-made games and activities engage and delight active learners.
- Each lesson includes a Bible verse students can be encouraged to memorize
- The BONUS Teacher’s Manual, a necessary component available as a downloadable PDF, provides all the help necessary for the teacher and parent: discussion starter ideas, sample key word outlines, sample brainstorming ideas, and thorough instructions for the games and activities.
- If you would like us to print & bind your Teacher’s Manual, you can order one below. We’ll include it in your order.
Bonus 1: Teacher’s Manual (as ebook)
a necessary component available as a downloadable PDF, provides all the help necessary for the teacher and parent: discussion starter ideas, sample key word outlines, sample brainstorming ideas, and thorough instructions for the games and activities.
If you would like us to print & bind your Teacher’s Manual, you can order one below. We’ll include it in your order.
Students will want to refer to style helps when they write: a chart of the dress-ups they will learn, a list of the banned words, and lists of quality adjectives, verbs, and –ly words.
Bonus 3: Games Pieces
These are the pieces that must be cut out in order to play specific games in selected lessons. After playing, store them in envelopes marked with the lesson numbers, so you can play them again if desired.
Bonus 4: Vocabulary Cards
There are two word cards for each Bible hero (beginning with Lesson 2). These should be cut out when the corresponding lesson is taught and stored in a small zip lock bag or pencil pouch.
YES! I want to discover how to teach writing in a fun & easy way, using IEW’s Bible Heroes for $29 with free shipping.
I UNDERSTAND…I will receive:
- Bible Heroes (Student Manual)
- Bonus 1: Style Helps
- Bonus 2: Game Pieces
- Bonus 3: Vocabulary Cards
- Teacher Manual (ebook)
If you would like us to print & bind your Teacher Manual (120 pg), you can order one below. You can read more about the Bible Heroes Teacher Manual by clicking here.
- FREE Shipping!
I UNDERSTAND… that Bible Heroes comes with a 100% money back guarantee. I may request a refund of the purchase price, as long as the product is in re-saleable, like new condition.
This post may contain affiliate comments.