Day 13 Gratitude Card Idea: Help your kids write a thank you note today.
How do you teach your children to write thank you cards?
Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
If you’ve never taught them how to write thank you notes, today is the perfect time to start. By practicing right now, they will be experts at thank you cards by the time Christmas comes around.
I like to use the 1 paragraph outline (from IEW) for a thank you card. Here’s a short synopsis of that outline.
1. Intro sentence stating what you are thanking recipient for
2. Tell how you like that character quality/gift/item for which you are thankful.
3. Tell recipient how you will use that gift or how that character quality impacts you
4. Further explain why you are thankful
5. Restate (clincher) why you are thankful
It’s perfectly okay for your kids to outline their thank you cards before they write them. Start today and have your child choose one person to write a thank you. Let them fill out the outline above. Tomorrow, they can write their thank you draft. Once you read their draft, you should lightly edit it.
The following day, they can rewrite their thank you in their best handwriting.
Finally, teach your child how to address an envelope with the return address & mailing address of the recipient.
Question: How do you prepare your kids for Thanskgiving? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
There may be affiliate links on this page.