Over the next few days, I’ll be sharing Easter ideas for kids & resources that I wish were available when my kids were young.
When I was a kid, we celebrated Easter on Sunday.
When my kids were young, we celebrated Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
When my kids were older, we celebrated Passion Week from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday.
Our Easter celebration has grown over the years, but I wish I had spent as much time on Easter as I did on Christmas. My daughter, Ashley, says she wants to make Easter as special as Christmas because we celebrate the miracle of the Resurrection.
Today, I want to suggest a fun way to countdown to Easter. In fact, Ashley found some Easter ideas for kids and says she can’t wait to use it in her own family. Christ-Centered Countdown to Easter includes 14 days of counting down until Easter, similar to Advent Calendars that countdown to Christmas.
I just reviewed Ashley’s copy and it is soooo cool! All you need are scissors, hole punch, twine & a printer. Print out the banner, cards, activities, tags & bookmarks and you are ready. How easy is that?
You’ll even get an Easter Game Board for your family to enjoy on Game Night.
Take a look at the meaningful Easter traditions included in the AWESOME Easter package . . .
- Easter Envelope Countdown Banner – Each letter on the banner is a pocket that holds a Christ-Centered Activity or Conversation Card for each day of the 2 week countdown. Add them to the gorgeous banner — you also have a darling spring home decoration!
- Thoughtful Easter Conversation Cards – By using scriptures and questions to guide evening conversations, the Christ-Centered Easter Conversation Cards get your family talking as you explore the last few weeks of Christ’s life.
- Creative Christ-Centered Activity Cards – Help your family learn more about the meaning of Easter in a fun and creative way. These cards contain activities that are perfect for young families!
- Printable Easter Activities – Some of our Christ-Centered Easter Activity Cards have accompanying printables to help teach, explore, and understand the importance of Easter. All of those are in this section, including: Passover Meal Invitation, Easter Scavenger Hunt, Printable Resurrection Play Set, Christ-Centered Coloring Book, and Easter Board Game.
- Bonus Easter Basket Tags – End your 2 week countdown with a surprise! Add special tags to a few items in your family’s Easter baskets for a little reminder of the Savior. We’ve also added a scripture bookmark to treasure all year.
Help your family learn more about the true meaning of Easter in a fun and creative way. Day after day your family’s understanding of Jesus and the importance of this season will grow.
Enjoy this fun way of keeping your family centered on Christ as they prepare their hearts for Easter with all these fun Easter ideas for kids.