Last Sunday, Steve & I came home from church and realized it was just the two of us for lunch. Ashley & Jesse had officially moved to Austin on Saturday. Jesse started his new job at Samsung on Monday. Hunter started his job at Sky Ranch.
So, what’s for lunch when it’s just two?
Or, you could these yummy BLT sandwiches for the whole family.
I omit mayo or dressing because the avocado adds enough moisture for your sandwich.
They are quick, easy and healthy for you – all that avocado yumminess, along with veggies in one BLT sandwich!
Question: What are your kiddos favorite sandwiches? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-4 slices bacon
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1/2 slice avocado
- This will make one sandwich, so multiply times however many sandwiches you need.
- Toast bread
- Cook bacon. I use the microwave and let it cook while slicing veggies.
- Slice tomato & avocado thinly.
- Tear lettuce leaf in half. I use green or red leaf lettuce.
- Layer your sandwich: toast, lettuce, bacon, tomato, avocado
- Top with toast
I don't use mayo because there is enough avocado to add moisture.